General Summary of Job Duties
Under general supervision, performs a variety of computer systems administration and support tasks, including analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting of PC hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, and communication devices for the entire organization. Performs a variety of tasks.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Ability to work with users diplomatically and skillfully.
- Exercises judgment and decision making in the diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware and software problems.
- Performs full range of work assigned and works with some independence and initiative.
- Enforces IT policies as it relates to financial systems and takes appropriate course of action.
- Installs and maintains database hardware and software.
- Organizes work, sets priorities and meets critical time deadlines.
- Participates in team meetings, providing input and suggestions. Participates in setting short and long terms goals.
- Monitors systems to ensure compliance with company and governmental policies.
- Provide written documentation of all duties.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Must be fluent in English.
- High school diploma and/or 2 year experience in IT
- CompTia A+ or equivalent
- Competencies required: Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite, Laptop/Desktop, PC configurations.
- Ability to multitask in demanding environmental.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Working knowledge of Networking and TCP/IP.
- Working knowledge of Domain and Active Directory Support.
- Proven ability to work with users diplomatically and skillfully.