General Summary of Job Duties
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager, assists with the operation, management and oversight of a retail convenience store, high volume diesel sales, gasoline sales, casino and a full service restaurant. Manages budget controls, staffing, cash and inventory control, merchandising, customer service, and profitability. Assures adherence to company policies and procedures. Manages the entire property and works through the Assistant General Manager to ensure maximum profit in the casino.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Analyze monthly profit/loss statement, vendor analysis, gaming and non-gaming reports, and recommending action to improve the operation.
- Participate in all required training.
- Ensures merchandise is stocked and attractively displaced.
- All-weather non-gaming maintenance, inside and outside.
- Inspects non-gaming facilities and equipment for safety, cleanliness and proper working order, submitting reports and calls for repairs, maintenance and safety. Maintains acceptable scores on inspections performed by Field Representative.
- Establishes work schedule in accordance with policy and labor goals, manages overtime hours of all non-gaming associates and maintains accurate associate timesheets.
- Ensures adherence to city, parish, state, and federal laws affecting the store’s operations, including Alcohol and Tobacco Commission regulations (ATC).
- Prepares and submits all paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Orders merchandise on a timely basis, assuring that proper check-in procedures are followed, pricing is correct and inventory is stocked as required.
- Keeps up with all necessary permits and licenses for all non-gaming revenue centers and maintains renewal in a timely manner.
- Prepares daily deposits for store, restaurant and all other non-gaming operations.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, disciplining, coaching, and terminating of hourly associates.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Management and development of supervisors and associates through effective coaching and training.
- Conducts at least one night-time surprise inspection every week or more often if necessary.
- Responsible for controlling cash and all other inventory.
- Supervises Assistant General Manager to ensure efficient operations of property.
- Follows correct vendor check-in procedure as defined in the Operations Manual
- Protects company assets at all times.
- Ensures that facility and grounds are kept clean at all times with specific responsibility being assigned to maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for any repair and maintenance (R&M) issues directly relating to the location.
- Must maintain all necessary licenses and specific to the overall operation.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- One year certificate from college or technical school, or 5 years’ experience and/or training or equivalent.
- Supervisory experience in a retail or restaurant setting (convenience store preferred).
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification and process transactions.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to counsel and develop subordinates in a fair, equal, and favorable work environment.
- Ability to perform basic math and calculate figures and amount such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, gross profit margins and analyze financial statements.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.