General Summary of Job Duties
The Surveillance Department is committed to serving the needs of Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. through investigation and diligent collection of data pertinent to the operation of its casino properties. To that end, we strive to maintain and employ the most innovative equipment available; to monitor the operations of and activities within our casinos conscientiously; to record the casinos’ operations and activities thoroughly; and to manage that information responsibly guided by regulatory authorities’ demands, company policies, Jacobs Entertainment, Inc.’s Mission and Values Statements, and the highest ethical and professional standards in our industry.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to The Lodge Casino Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Actively monitor the operations of and activities within the casino including, but not limited to the performance and state of the Surveillance equipment, casino alert systems (i.e. fire alarm systems, burglary alarm systems and others as directed. The performance and behavior of casino employees and the actions of casino guests (particularly the actions with the potential to threaten the assets and operation of Jacobs Entertainment, Inc.); and the presence and activities of regulatory authorities, law enforcement and emergency services personnel.
- Maintain familiarity with current gaming regulations (particularly those pertinent to the operations that take place within Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. properties), company policies and procedures, and house rules.
- Identify violations of the gaming regulations, company policies and house rules.
- Identify other threats, and/or potential threats, to the assets of Jacobs Entertainment, Inc.
- Complete daily shift logs, investigation status notes and incident reports as directed.
- Use the aforementioned report formats to thoroughly document the operations of and activities within the casino.
- Preserve video coverage/evidence of significant events as directed.
- Restrict access to the Surveillance Room and Surveillance-related information and materials to those designated with access.
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of your job.
- Other related duties including but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Approach General Job Responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Excels in retaining and recalling information.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Knowledge of Gaming regulations.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must possess a valid Gaming License.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years gaming and or investigation experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with computer related systems.