General Summary of Job Duties
Maintains and repairs equipment and functions in and around the Casino property excluding gaming equipment. Answer radio calls for assistance and performs regular preventive maintenance procedures on equipment.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Assists in repair and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Assists with operating company vehicle for the purpose of snow removal.
- Assists with basic electrical repair and wiring.
- Assists with basic maintenance of property to include painting and light carpentry work.
- Assists with basic plumbing repairs. (Replace toilets, fix facets. etc.)
- Other related duties including but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Able to work alone, with no direct supervision to complete required tasks.
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Basic reading and writing abilities.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions. Some computer operation is necessary.
- Communication skills that contribute to smooth working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Ability to work safely with power tools.
- Must possess a valid Gaming License. Also must hold a valid Colorado Drivers license.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Two years experience in a maintenance capacity.
- Electrical, plumbing, painting and carpentry experience preferred.