General Summary of Job Duties
The Hampton Property Attendant is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all common interior and exterior areas of the hotel. May assist guest room attendants with stripping and stocking linens, cleaning and organizing storage/laundry/housekeeping rooms, and stocking supplies. Other job duties include but are not limited to: deep cleaning, shampooing carpets, moving furniture, shoveling snow and/or any other task assigned.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
Maintain cleanliness of front lobby, entrance doors and other heavy traffic areas throughout the shift.
Empty all exterior and interior trash receptacles in all common areas, including office areas.
Sweep exterior entrances and walkways, maintain trash receptacles, planter gardens, and ash urns.
Check parking lot and surrounding areas for trash and other out of place items.
Sweep and mop all interior common flooring areas of the hotel.
Vacuum all interior common carpet areas, including hallways, stairways and welcome mats.
Dust all items in common areas, including shelving and artwork.
Clean all public restrooms including pool area and employee restrooms, if applicable.
Clean and maintain fitness room, including stocking towels, water and cup dispenser and removal of dirty towels.
Clean and maintain pool and whirlpool area, including stocking pool towels and removal of dirty towels.
Clean guest laundry facility and maintain equipment, such as cleaning lint traps and wash tubs.
Clean meeting rooms as needed.
Clean breakfast area as needed.
Fill out work orders for general maintenance repairs as needed.Report any damage or missing hotel items to Housekeeping Manager immediately.
Assist Guest Room and Laundry Attendants as needed.
Follow all policies and procedures for guest, employee and hotel safety.
Take care of hotel property; avoid scraping walls when pushing carts through hallways, slamming of doors, and other movements that may cause property damage.
Stay current with all Hampton brand training programs.
Comply with all Hampton brand standards.
Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- High School Diploma preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail
- Maintain a positive outgoing attitude.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming in compliance with Hampton brand standards.