General Summary of Job Duties
The Colorado Director of Security and Surveillance will be responsible for the overall safety and security for employees, guests, assets and property for all JEI owned Black Hawk, Colorado properties. They will provide leadership in the security and surveillance departments, build and develop the Security and Surveillance teams as well as oversee and implement industry standards of safety and security while providing and promoting excellent customer service. This position is additionally responsible to ensure the protection of casino assets through supervision and coordination of the daily activities and Surveillance personnel engaged in monitoring and investigating gaming and non-gaming areas.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Manage and provide guidance to Security and Surveillance Managers, Supervisors, Leads and front-line staff.
- Manage and provide guidance to Colorado Investigator.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of the Security and Surveillance department.
- Ensure the security and safety requirements of both properties are met.
- Communicate appropriately with all levels within the company.
- Train team members on new and better ways of doing business with an emphasis on accountability, leadership and guest service.
- Perform financial forecasting and budgeting for all departmental expenditures. Oversee expenses to remain within budgeted guidelines.
- Coordinate all emergency response procedures and implement industry standards related to public safety.
- Hire, train, coach, develop and counsel team members to ensure the highest standards are met.
- Organize and order required equipment and supplies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with outside agencies.
- Responsible for all Security and Surveillance policies and procedures as it applies to the system of internal controls and the Colorado Division of Gaming.
- Ensures documentation and control of all evidence in the direct control and custody of the Surveillance Department.
- Ensures the preservation of evidence for presentation in appropriate Courts of Law.
- Oversees the installation, operation and maintenance of all surveillance equipment.
- Manages the operation of a CCTV digital surveillance system.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality for any and all information.
- Successfully defuse potentially volatile or escalated situations with Guests and employees.
- Develop, implement, adhere, and enforce department policies and procedures.
- Adheres to supports all Company, property and governmental safety/ health standards.
- Ensures safe work practices and compliance with OSHA standards and preventive measures.
- Assigns work and schedules for the Security and Surveillance Department.
- Adjust departmental schedules as needed to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained at all times based on business demands.
- Determines personnel deployment and level requirements within a shift.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- 5 years gaming or Security/Surveillance Management experience
- Certification in CPR, AED and Basic First Aid a plus.
- Must be able to work various, non-standardized schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced technical knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills.