General Summary of Job Duties
Provide beverage/food service to our patrons at the bar & lounge, including all walk up guests, within the guidelines of the department service standards. Fill all Cocktail orders in a timely manner. Job entails money handling. Adhere to all company policies and procedures and be aware of State gaming and Liquor Laws.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Relay guest complaints and compliments to the supervisor.
- Familiarity with all menu items, menu prices and hours of operation & promotions.
- Maintain a clean work area, professional appearance and present positive customer service techniques.
- Ensures consistency & quality.
- Offer and serve beverages/food to all bar/lounge guests, ensuring product consistency and quality. Accurately and consistently record all beverage sales.
- Prepare, in a timely manner, all Cocktail orders, ensuring product consistency and quality.
- Maintain the bar top, wash glassware, clean ashtrays, cut fruit and restock as needed
- Offer and serve beverages/food to all walk up guests, following departmental policy on alcohol service.
- Adhere to all company and department policies and procedures.
- Assist guests with questions regarding activities on the property.
- Practice good customer relations.
- Expect to be present at all pre-shift meetings and be informed of all events in the department.
- Cooperate with all co-workers in all departments of the operation.
- Practice TIPS awareness and the responsible serving of alcohol.
- Practice awareness in serving alcohol; report all intoxicated guests to the F & B or MOD.
- Complete daily side work.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.