General Summary of Job Duties
Observes and evaluates performance, directs and provides guidance to Security Leads and Officers, under the direction of the Security Manager. Patrols the property while assisting guests and co-workers as required, providing excellent customer service while performing asset protection duties.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to JEI’s Mission Statement and FAST Track Values Statement.
- General problem solving to deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists to enhance the performance of the department.
- Intake, investigate, process claims of vehicle property damage in conjunction with Security Investigator.
- Complete post-accident/reasonable suspicion drug/alcohol procedures and paperwork as required.
- Completion of administrative tasks including but not limited to writing and approving incident reports, employee performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, memoranda and other tasks as assigned by Department Manager.
- Respond to emergency radio calls, phone calls and building alarms.
- Must have keen observation skills and excellent verbal and writing abilities to document incidents, violations, or suspicious activity/behavior.
- Effectively lead and influence others to accomplish desired organizational goals.
- Respond effectively to the direction and guidance of the Department Manager.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Write and update SOPs for the Security Department with the direction of the Security Manager.
- Other related duties including but not limited to complying with the following: Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- Perform supervision of Security Leads and Officers.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guests, fellow employees, and vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Run on level or graded surfaces, as well as the ability to effectively and efficiently move around all work areas, including walking and standing for long periods of time
- Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts and arriving on time for scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Gaming Support License
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver license.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Communication skills that contribute to smooth working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Knowledge of Colorado Gaming regulations.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and TIPS certification. (company will provide)
- Ability to obtain CPR trainer certification (company will provide)
- Strong attention to detail
- Over twelve months of managerial experience in a security capacity or technical school.
- High school education or equivalent work experience.