Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
• Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
• Prepare and post journal entries as assigned.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts as assigned.
• Maintain schedules as assigned.
• Review journal entries and account reconciliations as assigned.
• Maintain Excel spreadsheets as assigned.
• Update Accounting System with asset information provided by Operations; new assets placed in service, disposals and transfers.
• Process Depreciation & Amortization on a monthly basis.
• Reconcile all fixed Asset G/L Accounts on a monthly basis.
• Prepare Fixed Assets Roll Forward schedules on a monthly basis.
• Prepare LAT5 forms for property taxes and reconcile against annual tax bills.
• Calculate and record monthly provision for bad debts in relation to miscellaneous A/R accounts and NSF checks and record in Great Plains.
• Reconcile Allowance for Doubtful Accounts on a monthly basis.
• Upload PDI A/P transactions into Great Plains and reconcile GP/PDI clearing accounts on a daily basis.
• Set up new vendors in PDI.
• Process Remote Deposits and records in Great Plains.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
• Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
• Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
• Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
• Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
• Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
o Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
o Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
o Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
o Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
o Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
o Be proactive and positive.
o If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
o Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
o Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
o Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
o Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
o Escort our guests rather than point.
o Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
o Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
o Share and explain information.
o Great teams consist of great performers.
o Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
o Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Good Verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly motivated, able to meet deadlines and work with little supervision
• Well organized, able to perform multiple task concurrently
• Must be knowledgeable in Excel
• 10 Key by touch