General Summary of Job Duties
This position is responsible for the overall supervision of the Beverage department on a shift basis.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Scheduling weekly work schedules and assigning work areas to all beverage staff.
- Hiring and work with the department trainer to train new hires.
- Follow up with the service standards of the department.
- Conducting daily pre-shift.
- Coaching employees.
- Maintaining the pars of all bar products.
- Other related duties including but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Arriving on-time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Must speak, write and read English and possess basic mathematical skills.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of bar product (liquor, wine and beer).
- Must possess a valid Colorado Gaming License.
- A bar school graduate, similar institution or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Previous experience in high-volume bar or club.
- 2 yrs Supervisor/Managerial experience in the bar or club industry.
- TIPS certified