Position: Junior Category Manager
The Junior Category Manager is responsible for assisting in the strategic management of category sales, special promotions, margin, product assortment and item data accuracy. They monitor the success of new product launches on LuckyVitamin.com and strive to build market share within the categories . This individual will be a primary contact for vendors and is responsible for developing and maintaining v endor relationships. They must be current on industry trends an d the competitive landscape .
- Assist with the development and execution of strategic category plan s
- Assist with management of categories assortment and optimize product mix
- Coordinate and execute the Marketing plan with Marketing team
- Analyze and use information to ident ify business opportunities: thir d party market data, margins, channel mix, sales process and inventory.
- Implement new products strategy to add innovation to the brand/category
- Maintain vendor relations including negotiate purchase terms, marketing participation and communicating company initiatives
- Implement company cost and pricing philosophy
- Keep current with industry trends, new products
- Work with product content department to insure all required product information is accurately presented on a timely and organized fashion
- Collaborate with Merchandising Manager on promotional activities within category
- Partner with other areas of the company to support strategies and the needs of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Admin or Merchandising
- 2 + years industry experience in buying or merchandising
- Strong knowledge of merchandising metrics
- Experience with supply chain management, forecasts, ecommerce, and retail operations
- Experience in multi functional leadership, branding, trade and channels knowledge & P&L management.
- General Marketing Experience.
- Development of Brand Plans
- Strong Computer & Math skills , Data Analysis
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, (Excel)
- Strong analytical, math and financial analysis skills
- Background or demonstrated passion for health, wellness, vitamins, herbs, nutrition and natural products is a plus