Ex-Libris is seeking an Integration Consultant to contribute to the development of a mobile platform. As a member of the professional services team, the incumbent will be responsible for delivering software integrations for mobile applications.
Technologies used will be Java based web services, including SQL, XML/JSON, REST/SOAP.
Candidates must be able to handle a high-workload, and be able to manage multiple projects concurrently
Designs and implements applications that conform to a business need. Maintains a business perspective in terms of understanding how systems are implemented to satisfy corporate goals.
Technical contributor on medium-scale projects, resolves issues, performs appropriate level of research to determine solutions, prioritizes and suggests technical approaches to business requirements.
Must actively assist and share knowledge with others in their team and the wider organisation. Be able to hold presentation, code discussions and advise on best practices to other developers.
Should feel that the quality of his/her work is a direct result of his/her own testing. Systems developed should behave to a high standard of quality.
Proposes, develops, reviews, and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems.
Works on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs and deadlines.
Can troubleshoot problems of a complex nature. Supports systems that she/he has not implemented.
Provides technical guidance and training to other team members.
Shares architecture proposals formally with the team in meetings.
Keeps informed of technical advances. Proposes changes based on newer technology
May be involved in testing beyond unit testing (e.g. integration testing with a remote location, capacity testing)
- Solid recent commercial software engineering experience
- Strong Core Java, OOPs / J2EE.
- Web services (specifically Apache and Tomcat)
- Masterful at XML and SQL/Databases.
- Expertise in consuming web services (both RESTful – JSON/SOAP based)
- Experience of using version control (Subversion - SVN, Git)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Capable of functioning independently and as part of a team.
- Team player - ability to work as part of a multi-discipline project team, working closely with non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work in an environment with remote technical teams.
- Understanding of Ant (or comparable build systems)
- Experience working in a team using Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of functional web service testing tools e.g. SOAP UI
- Multithreading experience