Ex Libris, a ProQuest company is looking for a Senior Software QA/Test Engineer. The company is currently expanding and this is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software QA/Test Engineer to help shape the processes of the QA team within the company. The Senior Software QA/Test Engineer will assure the successful delivery of new features and products to our users. Working closely with both business and technical teams our QA Engineers design, plan and execute testing across various platforms including Mobile Apps and Desktop browsers in an Agile Development Environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and continually enhance quality assurance processes and procedures.
- Analyse documentation and technical specifications of any new feature under development or consideration and raise concerns around missing, incomplete or unclear requirements.
- Ensure testing activities validate the product meets business requirements and product goals, fulfills end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues raising risks to the QA Lead where necessary.
- Planning and scheduling project work, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Creating and executing test cases and scenarios that cover both sanity and in-depth testing.
- Preparing test scenarios in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities.
- Ability to set application configurations and create test data sets.
- Accurately recording the output of testing, logging defects with sufficient clarity and managing them throughout the defect life cycle.
- BSc Honours, in a Computer Science related degree.
- 4+ years of software testing experience.
- Effective planning, organisation and time management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to break down complex issues and provide creative solutions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently.
- Ability to function professionally and proactively in a team environment - being a good team player is essential.
- Set and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
- Expert understanding of software development cycle models, specifically Agile / Scrum.
- Knowledge of testing XML based Web Services.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
Experience with test automation.
Experience with testing iOS and Android mobile applications.
Experience with Confluence.
Experience with Jira.
Experience with Charles Web Debugging Proxy.
If you have questions or require application assistance due to a disability, please contact ProQuest Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org during normal business hours. If you have difficulty participating in the online application process due to a disability, please identify such, when contacting us and every effort will be made to accommodate your request for reasonable accommodation.