Passion. Drive. Enthusiasm.
These are the three pillars of our company culture. Launched in 2007, the Trump Hotels is the next generation of luxury hospitality - one that is raising the bar in the top-tier travel experience. We believe that by creating an unsurpassed regard for our associates, our associates will, in turn, create an unparalleled guest experience that will ultimately translate into the success of our stakeholders.
We will never settle…. We will persist in the meticulous delivery of unparalleled service and experiences… We will do it better than anyone else!
The Trump International Hotel Washington DC is a Forbes’ 5 Star Award winning hotel property. Our establishment tells a unique story, guided by the classic features of the Old Post Office building, the associates, and experiences that compel this 5 Star team.
Implementation of all safety and security programs for the purpose of ensuring the safety and security of all individuals on Trump International Hotel Washington D.C. property, as well support our goal of providing “an unparalleled guest experience.”
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Security leadership team with all the daily operations of the department.
- Promote safe work practices. Assist in ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and implement preventive measures.
- Assist in the development, administration and implementation of safety programs and safety training classes. Visually identify, correct and record safety hazards.
- Assist in investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities. Document details and advise Management.
- Direct coordination of training in fire life safety, CPR and Workplace Violence.
- Conduct property patrols and record appropriately.
- Assist in managing Lost and Found function. Assist as needed with complaints and guest issues.
- Conduct regular patrol of the property to ensure all areas are safe and secure.
- Attend Security Department meetings. Attend and participate in other required hotel meetings.
- Monitor all activity in and around the hotel and diligently monitor the building video surveillance.
- Gather information and document significant events in the form of official incident reports.
- Proficient knowledge of capabilities and usage of all security operating systems and conduct inspections.
- Knowledge and performance of security control administrative duties, such as; maintaining daily key, radio, first incident reports and activity logs.
- Knowledge and proper application of communication/emergency codes and procedures.
- Work with Convention/Catering Services to ensure functions are safe for all guests and employees.
- Insure guests and associates receive proper security escorts, as required.
- Maintain equipment and uniforms, purchase back-up supplies in order to maintain standard par on hand.
- Oversee and maintain various technical equipment, hardware and software, to ensure it is functioning properly. Back up all databases on a regular schedule.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to effectively transcribe information from handwritten memos and recordings.
- Respond to emergency situations. Investigate and document all occurrences in incident reports.
- Notify management to all major incidents occurring during the watch.
- Must have a DC certified Security Officers License
- Self motivated, decisive, responsible and driven to achieve goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Effective decision-making skills and can choose a course of action best suited to the customer
- Proven problem-solving skills and encourage new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Handles guest, visitor and patron’s questions and complaints politely and efficiently, maintaining a pleasant and professional image.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years prior Security Officer experience in hospitality industry at an equivalent or similar property with a guest service focus
- Law enforcement training or equivalent is desirable.
- Experience with MS Office applications and Outlook required, PowerPoint, Excel.