- Diploma/Certificate/Apprenticeship in Applied Technology or related
- Certified and Licensed Electrician (442A or 309A Industrial Electrician license)
- 5 years experience working in a large facility
Excellent knowledge of electrical equipments and devices
- Experience with maintenance of motor control circuits
- Experience with batteries, and battery charger maintenance
- Experience with device calibration and set-up
- Experience in print reading and symbols
- Experience with fusing
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting and wire tracing
- Excellent knowledge of safety policies and procedures
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in a healthcare environment preferred
- Evidence of good performance history and attendance record
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of West Park: Excellence, Respect, Trust, Collaboration and Accountability
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors
- Conduct preventive maintenance by inspecting equipment and locating/correcting problems before breakdowns occur.
- Install minor new electrical equipment when needed.
- Advise management whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Replace items such as circuit breakers, fuses, switches, electrical and electronic components, or wire.
West Park Healthcare Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation for a disability during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter. For further assistance please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-3600 extension 4633.