- Diploma/Certificate/Apprenticeship in Applied Technology or related
- Plumber trade certification
- Valid license preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Plumber / Pipe Fitter
- Experience working in a large facility
- Experience with: Drainage, waste and venting systems, Compressed air systems, Oxygen systems, Natural and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), Pneumatic systems, Potable water distribution installation, etc...
- Experience working with copper & stainless steel
- Experience in print reading and symbols
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience in a healthcare environment preferred
- Evidence of satisfactory attendance record
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the centre’s core values and helps patients get their life back
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors
- Perform skilled work in the installation, alteration and repair of plumbing systems.
- Inspect and test cross connection and backflow prevention systems.
- Determine layout of systems and networks.
- Inspect and test pipes for leaks, determining piping system requirements and pipe sizing.
- Perform other duties as assigned
At West Park Healthcare Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, an important part of living our brand. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community. Our accessible employment practices are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter. For further assistance please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-3600 extension 4633.