- High school diploma
- Completion of a medical terminology course preferred
- Certificate in medical transcription preferred
- Good computer skills
- Working experience transcribing and/or understanding/utilizing medical terminology
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to collaborate within a team setting; good interpersonal skills; resolution-oriented
- Good abilities to manage priorities while multi-tasking
- Good attention-to-detail skills
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing change in work tasks or the work environment; adjust effectively to work within new processes, requirements, etc
- Previous office experience in a hospital/clinical setting preferred
- Knowledge of Patient 1 preferred
- An employee’s disciplinary record will be reviewed as part of the assessment of qualifications
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the centre’s core values and helps patients get their life back
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors
- Greet and assist patients and visitors as required, coordinating patient flow through the clinic.
- Register patients in WPHC’s ADT system.
- Schedule appointments and assessments for patients (including equipment, space availability and transportation as required); coordinating with other clinical services as appropriate
- Act as a key communicator with clients, families, physicians, clinicians and other related departments and services; following up with external contacts as required (referrers, specialists, labs, etc)
- Develop and maintain manual and/or computerized systems for tracking information, such as quality assurance and outcome data
- Format letters, memos and other clinic related correspondence, draft and send e-mails.
- Ensure clinic is adequately stocked with supplies/resources and track utilization of same.
- Maintain patients’ clinical records in accordance with WPHC policy.
At West Park Healthcare Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, an important part of living our brand. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community. Our accessible employment practices are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter. For further assistance please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-3600 extension 4633.