- High school diploma (grade 12)
- Custodian certificate preferred
- Experience working as cleaning staff
- Good knowledge of cleaning procedures, use of floor equipment and cleaning supplies
- Physical ability to lift and move heavy equipment
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of using high speed machines/carpet extraction machine
- Good knowledge of waxing floors/floor care
- Ability to use industrial machines i.e. washer and dryers
- Ability to work independently and with the team
- Knowledgeable about WHIMIS/PDAC
- Evidence of satisfactory attendance record
- An employee’s disciplinary record will be reviewed as part of the assessment of qualifications
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the centre’s core values and helps patients get their life back
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors
- Provide all cleaning services in assigned area, including sweeping, mopping, dusting, scrubbing, emptying garbage cans and cleaning bathrooms.
- Move furniture and other equipment.
- Wax floors and conduct carpet cleaning.
- Perform other special assignments, as related to the position.
At West Park Healthcare Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, an important part of living our brand. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community. Our accessible employment practices are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter. For further assistance please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-3600 extension 4633.