- Graduate degree in Nursing
- PhD in Nursing preferred
- Current registration to practice in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum 5 years of progressive leadership/management experience in a healthcare environment
- Academic appointment preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance competing demands, adjust work plan and meet targets
- Evidence of satisfactory attendance record
- An employee’s disciplinary record will be reviewed as part of the assessment of qualifications
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the centre’s core values and helps patients get their life back
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors
- Leads in the design, implementation and evaluation of structures and processes to advance interprofessional collaborative practice, research, and education.
- Leads in the design, implementation, and evaluation of an Interprofessional Practice model.
- Coordinates the implementation of discipline specific regulatory standards into organizational practices.
- Leads in the implementation of care delivery models that enable full scope of practice across disciplines.
- In collaboration with the Directors of the Clinical Programs and Clinical Managers monitors quality of clinical care as well as identifies and acts on clinical practice improvement priorities.
- In collaboration with other Clinical Educators leads the interprofessional orientation
- Leads in the development of an annual inter-professional collaborative education plan
- In collaboration with the CNE sets evidence informed clinical practice standards and maintains clinical policies and procedures to enable best patient outcomes.
- Leads in the standardization of clinical documentation and advances the electronic patient record.
- Leads person-centred care and Best Practice Guidelines in accordance with BPSO accountabilities
- Leads BPSO program and NQuIRE participation
- Fosters an environment that encourages continuous learning and scholarly inquiry.
- Builds networks with academic institutions to achieve the academic plan.
- Reviews incidents involving the professional practice of regulated and unregulated clinical staff and advises Managers, Directors, Clinical Program, and Human Resources of corrective course of action.
- Hires and manages Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Educators
- Participates in the hiring of discipline Clinical Practice Leaders and provides guidance for activities related to the professional advancement of clinical disciplines.
At West Park Healthcare Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, an important part of living our brand. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community. Our accessible employment practices are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter. For further assistance please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-3600 extension 4633.