At ZOLL LifeVest, our vision is to revolutionize the prevention of sudden cardiac arrest, which is the single largest cause of death in the United States. On any given day, tens of thousands of people are protected from sudden cardiac death by wearing the LifeVest. This position will be responsible for managing LifeVest professional relations activities, including the execution of KOL strategy, maintaining relationships with professional medical societies, and executing medical education and other projects to support Standard of Care advancement for the LifeVest. This is a project management intensive role and will also require the aptitude to learn and apply specific clinical cardiology concepts as applicable to the LifeVest Wearable Cardioverter Defibrillator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute LifeVest professional relations and medical education standard of care initiatives.
- Develop, execute, and drive key opinion leader (KOL) programs, including support for Guidelines and symposium initiatives.
- Establish strong clinical relationships globally to develop clinical champion network to participate in clinical studies, white papers, testimonials, speakers’ bureau, and other evidence-based marketing initiatives.
- Develop and maintain strong clinical knowledge, critical market insight, and industry awareness to guide strategic decision-making.
- Identify and train speakers for symposia and other educational programs, with approved materials, slides sets, abstracts, posters, etc.
- Professionally, effectively represent the ZOLL and the LifeVest Marketing organization by identifying, developing, and maintaining collaborative relationships with KOLs, other clinicians and researchers, academic institutions, professional organizations, and other key healthcare professional (HCP) stakeholder groups.
- Develop clinical and scientific presentations for use by KOLs and other HCPs to ensure their continued awareness and understanding of current medical and research findings regarding the LifeVest and related therapy area.
- Attend national and regional medical meetings and symposia and engage in discussions with attendees, as appropriate, attend scientific sessions and poster presentations, gather information, and summarize findings. As appropriate, cultivate new professional relationships from these contacts.
- In collaboration with Marketing leadership, respond to unsolicited requests from HCPs for information about the LifeVest.
- This position is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Must be willing to relocate.
- Bachelor degree required. Advanced degree preferred or a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in cardiology medical device/pharmaceutical industry.
- Possesses strong communication skills (oral and written), comfortable interacting with clinicians and senior management.
- Must have strong project management skills. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Has broad knowledge of various technical alternatives and their potential impact on the business.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and perform in a diverse cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to address educational and research needs through delivery of scientific/ evidenced-based medical data.
- Knowledge of FDA requirements and PhRMA Code.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must have strong clinical background and the desire to stay current with cardiology therapy trends. Comprehensive knowledge and application of business concepts, procedures and practices. Is recognized as an expert in work group. Will perform job in a quality system environment.
- Interfaces with a variety of management levels on significant matters, often requiring coordination of activity across organizational units.
- Work is performed under general supervision regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Receives limited instruction on standard issues, and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Must be able to travel – approximately 20-30% travel possible.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems and make appropriate judgment calls to insure the correct outcome.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, talk and hear. Employee may occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.