As part of our ZOLL Sales Team, you will be responsible for selling our non-invasive ambulatory cardiac monitoring systems to physicians, patients, hospitals, clinics and staff. This includes the initial sale as well as ongoing in-service and support activities to promote consistent use. Call points include: Physicians (Cardiologists, Electrophysiologists, Internists, etc.), nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and administrators. Other duties include physician and nurse training and to assist in the reimbursement process to insure timely revenue collection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sells and provides ongoing support of ambulatory cardiac monitoring systems promoting consistent utilization
- Achieves assigned sales objectives
- Manages field expenses and maintains high ASP
- Attends and participates in required meetings, sales training, key referral organizations and conventions
- Develops an annual business plan that will be updated on a quarterly basis to include clear, concise plans for each account and strategies to help meet annual sales targets
- Generates effective territory planning to achieve the maximum efficiency of time to service and develops current accounts, cultivates new accounts, obtains orders, and produces adequate sales volume to meet/exceed sales goals. Major measures of this include the following territory goals: sales, expenses and account penetration
- Maintains accurate and detailed profiles of each account, on a quarterly basis
- Effectively communicates with sales management and various departments (Customer Support, Sales Operations, Marketing, Engineering, Reimbursement, etc.) on competitive issues, territory issues, status of orders, etc.
- Conducts group presentations to customers for product and/or educational training, as required. Is available to conduct product presentations and in-service training to staff and clinicians at various accounts, which could include all hospital shifts and may need to be accomplished after normal business hours. Tailors presentations and materials for specific customer needs and requirements
- Coordinates patient interactions, if required, with Patient Service Representatives and Internal Support
- Serves as an expert and resource on both ZOLL and competitive products
- Displays a mstery of both Customer Oriented and Strategic Selling skills
- Represents ZOLL in a professional and ethical manner at all times
- Communicates openly and shares information with others
- Analyzes and reports on trends observed within assigned territory
- Able to travel 1-2 days per week within the Territory or otherwise as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years sales experience in medical equipment sales in the broad Cardiology space preferred. Alternatively, 3+ years of direct experience with Cardiology, Electrophysiology or Interventional Cardiology products or pharmaceuticals
- Documented history of sales success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.