Position Summary: The PR & Campaigns Associate will be responsible for strategy, execution, and measurement of the ZOLL LifeVest PR strategy and will play a key role in supporting broader campaign initiatives as part of the Marketing Communications team. We are looking for a savvy and outgoing marketing communications professional that can recommend creative solutions to deliver key messages that will educate and influence target audiences. The ideal candidate will be familiar with traditional PR and willing to research and recommend innovative new approaches to drive awareness and utilization of the LifeVest, ensuring more patients are protected and more lives are saved from sudden cardiac death.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of the Public Relations Strategy to patients, the general public, job candidates, and other audiences to support the business’s strategic objectives:
- Collaborate with sales field to identify positive stories and generate media coverage about patients whose lives have been saved and/or protected by the LifeVest wearable defibrillator.
- Establish partnerships with hospitals and cardiology practices to feature patients and medical professionals in media coverage about the LifeVest wearable defibrillator.
- Research, recommend, and manage partnerships with key awareness/patient advocacy groups and regional health organizations to drive awareness of the LifeVest.
- Create and send press releases and pitches to select media lists to support PR initiatives.
- Develop and maintain local/regional media, national and trade media lists, and stay informed of industry trends and incorporate best practices to maximize usefulness of PR support tools (Cision PR database, media monitoring/clipping services, etc.)
- Oversee the LifeVest social media strategy and employee social media policy.
- Enhance ZOLL’s profile as an attractive employer through company PR/awards strategy.
- Support evolving campaign and content marketing strategy to educate the cardiology community and drive utilization of the LifeVest:
- Work closely with the marketing and product teams on the development of the ZOLL LifeVest advertising strategy targeted to the cardiology and healthcare communities.
- Contribute to the development of creative pieces to support campaigns, including, but not limited to, coordination with advertising outlets, oversight of creative agency projects, creation of original video/written content, and collateral development.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and events team to identify and execute opportunities to integrate broader campaigns into national and international cardiology convention strategy.
- Collaborate with Medical Education/Clinical teams to identify opportunities to generate trade coverage surrounding key scientific research on sudden cardiac death and the wearable defibrillator.
- Cultivate relationships with society and trade media contacts to generate interest in key industry news and research/recommend PR opportunities to support and extend broader campaigns and sales initiatives
- Routinely track PR activities and make recommendations for continued optimization:
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams to develop and maintain cross-functional communications calendar.
- Maintain and develop systems to track the effectiveness of PR tactics and generate reports to communicate effectiveness and recommendations to leadership.
- Monitor media and social media for relevant stories and provide timely recommendations on potential media response from ZOLL.
- Maintain tracker of original/organic coverage about the LifeVest.
- Serve as a core contributor to LifeVest brand strategy:
- Work closely with the marketing, product, and executive teams to develop key messages and positioning.
- Maintain the ZOLL LifeVest brand identity guide and serve as internal brand advocate to educate/train employees about the importance of consistency with brand standards, including editing and review of materials before release.
- Support corporate communications initiatives:
- Lead or contribute to the creation of annual internal motivational campaign, including development of creative theme for the LifeVest annual sales meeting with full-year communications pull through.
- Develop original video/written content to package patient stories for internal communication.
- Promote PR initiatives internally through regular communications to the sales field.
- Maintain and update facility lobby displays and coordinate internal tours of ZOLL’s facilities as requested.
- Provide operations support to Marketing team:
- Support ongoing maintenance of the LifeVest commercial website ( http://lifevest.zoll.com ), including utilization of the Drupal content management system.
- Lead the creation/revision of designated marketing promotional tools as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree required in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of four years of PR/Marketing experience, including at least two years managing PR in a corporate or agency setting. Experience in the medical device or healthcare industry is preferred.
- Track record of generating and securing media coverage across a wide range of channels (social media, print, broadcast, trade). Familiarity with digital strategy is preferred.
- Content strategy, creation, and editing experience preferred. Video editing experience is a plus.
- Experience managing vendors/communication agencies.
- Basic knowledge of internet technologies including those involving content management, web analytics, search engine marketing, and email marketing, web site usability. Experience with Drupal CMS, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and HTML preferred.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Basic graphic design experience preferred, including familiarity with Adobe CS.
- The individual must be well-organized, possess extremely strong attention to detail, be deadline driven, and have the tenacity to see a project from start to finish.
- Self-starter. Ability to send and respond to communications opportunities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required. Individual should have an outgoing personality and have a great deal of comfort in speaking with a broad range of individuals, including patients, reporters, executives, and healthcare professiona ls.
- The individual must consistently exercise good decision-making skills and independent judgment.
- Able to meet objectives and goals within deadlines and must be able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and with a sense of urgency.
- Travel: up to 10% travel required.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents of advanced technical complexity. Ability to write reports and research findings of a technical nature. Ability to speak and present effectively one-on-one as well as in small and large groups of professionals, including customers, clients and collaborators, both inside and outside the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematics principles while performing essential job duties.
Reasoning Ability: Advanced reasoning skills required. Must have ability to solve complex problems and weigh possible solutions to determine rank options to deliver optimal outcomes. Ability to assess problems involving several variables in changing situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, applicable test/development tools and associated technologies.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.