Lead the process development and site technical support functions, including Industrial Engineering/Operations Excellence, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality. Develop, implement, and manage value improvement processes which incorporate a Lean/Six-Sigma approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishing, documenting, validating, training, controlling, and supporting the service process to ensure the value stream produces quality product on-time.
- Responsible for process reliability and risk mitigation/reduction.
- Develop, align, and execute a vision and strategic plan for Operations Excellence. Responsible for the planning, development, and execution of Lean/Six-Sigma and other total-cost improvement initiatives, and for maintaining an Operations Excellence Roadmap.
- Responsible to hire, train, lead, develop, and mentor employees and to maintain a high-performance organization.
- Responsible to understand the appropriate legal and regulatory requirements in the areas of Service operations and to establish robust processes and controls to ensure compliance.
- Responsible to build and improve key business relationships within and outside the Service organization.
- Responsible to proactively identify net value improvement opportunities in Service operations and to make continuous improvements.
- Duties include:
- Support value stream processes, equipment, and personnel to ensure product can be processed to established quality requirements, timeframes, and costs.
- Ensure Service operations quality measurement systems are capable (Gage R&R), process capability (Cpk) is high and process controls are in place to assure that products meet specifications.
- Ensure that equipment is calibrated and maintained in accordance with requirements, and that these activities are properly documented.
- Analyze and design the sequence of operations and process flow to maximize productivity of production facilities and personnel.
- Conduct studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems. Develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Will supervise a team of manufacturing/ quality engineers.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Behavioral: Highly-motivated leader, sets a ‘high-bar’ of achievement for self and others, actively mentors and develops people toward high-performance, works outside of functional boundaries for the betterment of the company, builds trust with people, exhibits managerial courage, overcomes adversity, makes and keeps commitments, keeps stakeholders informed.
- Skills/Qualifications: Detail-oriented leadership; selecting, coaching and developing staff; performance management; planning and project management; lean process improvement; financial modeling; budgets; self-development.
- Strong track record of delivering results.
- B.S. Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering; MBA a plus.
- Over 10 years of relevant experience in process development and quality assurance, including project management, plus at least 3 years of management/leadership experience with a proven record of achievement. Minimum five years’ experience as an Industrial Engineer.
- Excellent communication, analysis, and negotiation skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in navigating a highly-ambiguous environment to create substantial value.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
ZOLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.