The Staff Web Applications Engineer will serve as a member of a team that is responsible for the maintenance and development of several web applications. The Web Applications team is responsible for all aspects of the applications including database, UI, and middle tier development. Projects are executed utilizing an Agile development process to ensure that we are meeting the needs of the product stakeholders. This is a senior level position which will be responsible for application design, implementing best programming practices, and mentoring other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write SQL queries and reports to extract and manipulate data from multiple relational databases.
- Develop data structure to support new functionality.
- Develop modules to integrate data between in-house and third party systems.
- Work with stakeholders to understand business processes and deliver effective solutions.
- Meet deadlines for individual and team projects.
- Ensure quality and scalability of code.
- Create prototypes and maintain supporting documentation.
- Respond quickly to resolve application issues.
- Mentor other team members on proper coding and design practices.
- Design application architecture for development efficiency and scalability.
- Lead initiatives to improve efficiency productivity of the department.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of related web technologies
- Highly motivated to learn and work in a team environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in web application development
- Demonstration of excellent code quality and efficiency
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in working with relational databases
- Understand and demonstrate best programming practices
- Reporting development in SQL Server Reporting or Crystal preferred
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
ZOLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.