Facilitate manufacturing activities related to DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) including DFMA, Gage R&R, Value Engineering, Process FMEA and Capability Analysis
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate manufacturing activities related to DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) including DFMA, Gage R&R, Value Engineering, Process FMEA and Capability Analysis
- Evaluation and procurement of fixtures and equipment with emphasis on cost justification and mistake-proofing
- Work-cell design using Lean Manufacturing
- Cost estimation
- Drive major projects, programs, and initiatives from planning through tactical execution
- Master advanced methodologies, processes & technologies and align change efforts with business goals & strategies
- Establish and conducted Industrial Engineering & Productivity Improvement Projects
- Improve processes through bottleneck and material flow analysis, optimize plant layout, use time and motion study, problem solving techniques, and innovative producibility studies.
- Analyze and design the sequence of operations and process flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts; and establish methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel
- Conduct studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems. On the basis of these studies, develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum five years experience as an Industrial Engineer.
- Lean flow experience
- Six Sigma (Experience with DFSS a plus)
- Demonstrated ability in Value Engineering and Value Analysis
- PCB manufacturing experience preferred
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems and make appropriate judgment calls to insure the correct outcome.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, talk and hear. Employee may occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.