Field based position to train and motivate new and tenured Territory Managers to meet and exceed their segment plans by spending 2-3 full days in the TM’s territory, coaching and counseling to areas which need development post TM’s participation of initial training period and attendance of corporate training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review with new Territory Managers entire process from beginning to end, with regard to obtaining Medical Orders and converting into Claims, expediting order flow and reducing exceptions.
- Assess TM’s background, sales experience and knowledge, clinical and product knowledge, market knowledge, SWOT analysis, in concert with RM to determine areas of training support focus.
- Assess territory with regard to history, expansion/virgin, existing prescribers, any known territory issues or concerns to address with TM.
- Develop tailored strategy specific to each TM following assessment and each TM’s current business plan including opportunities, expectations, objectives, implementation, and timeframes
- Assist TM’s to identify and utilize tools for success (AC’s, PSR’s, marketing materials, Speakers, PR, Mailers, Programs and exhibits)
- Assist TM’s who are not comfortable calling on all hospital call points, or conversely not comfortable calling on physicians in their offices, to achieve a level of proficiency and comfort with making calls within these areas.
- Help TM’s to establish risk, risk stratify, and handle objections by use of relevant data in a conversational manner when meeting with physicians
- Work collaboratively with Regional Managers to bring new TM’s up to speed as quickly as possible within their territories.
- Assist new and tenured TM’s with initiatives to ensure progress along their individual developmental path.
- Promote TM Best Practices
- Assist TM’s to execute POA’s as well as other marketing and sales initiatives.
- Field work to include a monthly scheduled itinerary of field visits to TMs within their territories assigned via RM’s with AD and Manager of Sales Development input.
- Written follow‑ups and observational reports will be shared with all of the above and will address TM’s strengths and weaknesses from the perspective of the Field Training Support Specialist.
- Will take guidance from the RM with regard to individual TM’s business plan, and identified areas for development to assist TM in areas of growth.
- Travel requirements 80%+
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- College graduate or equivalent.
- Must be current Territory Manager for minimum of 2 years with LifeVest, in good standing, meeting plan. History of Field Sales Trainer TM with LifeVest.
- Candidate must be willing to relocate.
- Must have Employee Development Plan in place.
- Must be sponsored by AD, who is willing to act as mentor.
- Clinical knowledge of/experience with ECG interpretation, basic cardiac anatomy and physiology, etc. a plus.
- Must be comfortable calling on physicians in an office or hospital setting.
- Must be self-directed, work autonomously, and follow company SOP’s.
- Ability to edit and create Word documents containing graphics, manage spreadsheets, prepare presentations, send and receive e-mail, obtain information from the internet, etc. Computer Applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook and audio-visual equipment.
- Good communication and phone skills, which includes the ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels within the organization as well as directly with TM’s, RM’s, and AD’s.
- Ability to prioritize assignments while working on various projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to do various tasks as assigned.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment is required. Hands on; good with people; effective working and communication skills, effective training and mentoring abilities, must be willing to travel weekly to work with TM’s in assigned area.
- This Territory Manager developmental role of FSTS must be maintained for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months.
- If deemed successful in this role, TM may be promoted to a Regional Manager position.
- If at some point, the candidate desires to return to the TM role, or extends duration to the 24 month point without accepting an RM opportunity, every effort will be made to find an equivalent position/ territory to that of their former role, but it is not guaranteed.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems and make appropriate judgment calls to insure the correct outcome.
Computer Skills: Computer Applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook and audio-visual equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, talk and hear. Employee may occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
ZOLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.