The Staff Web Test Automation Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of automated tools and test infrastructure. Candidate has a strong background working with automation frameworks to establish testing best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure automation test processes, methodologies, and tools are applied appropriately and that test phase entry/exit criteria are defined as agreed to by stakeholders and applied by the test team
- Prioritize testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Support implementation of automation coverage metrics and reports.
- Report the status of test planning, defect, and execution activities, including regular status updates to the project & test teams.
- Ensure usage of UI, service & data layers for maximum coverage.
- Identification and mitigation of existing data defects and errors.
- Monitoring & communication of all test results, including rapid reporting to engineering and collaboration on trouble-shooting, resolution, and re-testing.
- Contribute to Automation & Test development process improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Requires B.S. degree in computer science or related field and 3-5 years of automation testing experience.
- Ability to develop in C#/.NET
- Experience setting up Automation frameworks.
- Experience executing and troubleshooting automation scripts and frameworks.
- Experience creating UI, service & data layer scripts.
- Experience with automation metrics and report generation.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and related testing tools.
- Experience with defect tracking and Test Case Management tools (MTM, TFS, QTP, and Selenium).
- Experience with Agile development methodologies as they apply to test automation.
- Experience working with cloud technologies, especially Azure.
- Experience working with layered and non-layered architectures.
- Experience with Visual Studio Coded UI, performance and load testing.
- Experience automating WPF or a XAML-based language a plus.
- Experience in Automation Tool selection and suggesting the best possible Automation approach.
- Knowledge of automation CI setup.
- Experience setting up Automation framework for multi-application environment.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents of advanced technical complexity. Ability to write reports and research findings of a technical nature. Ability to speak and present effectively one-on-one as well as in small and large groups of professionals including customers, clients and collaborators, both inside and outside the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematics principles while performing essential job duties.
Reasoning Ability: Advanced reasoning skills required. Must have the ability to solve complex problems and weigh possible solutions to determine rank options to deliver optimal outcomes. Ability to assess problems involving several variables in changing situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Background must demonstrate the ability to operate effectively within a complex, dynamic environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.