The Director of Human Resource will identify cross-organizational and business issues and makes appropriate recommendations for business growth/productivity improvement. Provides HR leadership and consultation to business units or functional leadership on the strategic, organization effectiveness and people-related issues impacting their business. Work collaboratively with internal and external leadership teams to provide HR consultative solutions, approaches, and value focused on their needs.
- Serves as expert on human resources issues, counseling management, employee relations issues, and/or employees concerning established and non-established procedures.
- Work closely with leaders to promote a culture that makes Corptax the employer of choice.
- Builds solid relationships with business leaders and management teams. Consults with, advises, and supports transformation and change initiatives, people decisions and actions, talent management and development, merger/acquisition activity, org design, reward optimization, workforce planning, business diagnostics, HR info and analysis, retention and engagement, employee communication, culture management, diversity, and HR programs and services.
- Develop and implement employee relations programs to foster a positive employer/employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale, satisfaction, and engagement
- Evaluate and implement management and leadership training needs and develop programs that focus on the continual improvement of skills throughout the organization
- Identifies emerging human resource challenges within the BU and serves as Change Agent to sponsor and create improvement solutions with business impact.
- Develop improvements to the existing processes, automation of HR functions, and should have a strong understanding of HR Systems.
- Ensures effective change management strategies, communications and training in support initiatives.
- Foster a workplace environment consistent with the values outlined by the leadership team.
- Promote the adherence to HR policies and procedures and work with the various Corptax personnel to understand HR policies and procedures.
- Provides input and influence into HR portion of business strategy and develops the annual HR plan to ensure realization of business strategy
- Develop human capital through compensation analysis and career planning to support a growing company and be recognized as one of the best companies to work for in the area.
- Takes analysis provided by HR Manager and develops HR models and forecasts re: leadership bench strength, organization capability, etc. to provide insights/recommendations regarding ability to meet longer- term business strategies.
- Design and administer human resource policies and procedures, oversee performance appraisal and merit increase process.
- Lead and direct efforts of others in the execution of HR responsibilities. Mentors/coaches direct reports and assists in dealing with organization’s personalities, and political realities
- Ensures that all direct reports and down line positions and critical retains have appropriate back-up contingency plans. Effectively appraises and rewards performance
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years relevant training and management experience
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Limited travel to other US offices
- Understanding and knowledge of employment law, recruiting and employee training and development
- Exemplary high standards of customer service and support, honesty, integrity and endeavor
- Ability to use initiative in identifying, addressing and resolving day to day issues and challenges
- Strong, positive attitude and work ethic desired
- Disciplined and ability to work independently
What can we offer you?
- A challenging and rewarding career
- Annual bonus program recognizing individual performance
- Excellent benefits for you and your family! - 401(k) with employer match, Medical/Dental/Life insurance--Spouse and dependent life – generous PTO allotment- paid holidays - Tuition Reimbursement – casual work environment – flexible schedules- AND MORE