Dying to work with cutting edge Microsoft technology tools, like C#, .NET 4.5, ASP.NET MVC, WCF? Catapult your career by joining the Corptax Quality Assurance team. Our cloud-based applications set the trend for financial technology, and attract tech-savvy individuals who get an adrenaline rush from creative success in an Agile environment. You’ll work with some of the brightest technology minds in Chicago, and improve business processes for the world’s most recognizable companies. All of this magic happens in a casual setting with a high energy that drives independent thinking and new ideas. A solid salary and benefits package complements your professional growth for a new level of job satisfaction.
As a Sr. Software Test Engineer you would be responsible for working across the entire organization to build and maintain test assets and recommend enhancements to our test frameworks required to ensure the quality of the company’s core application and technologies. You must have a passion for helping to ensure that Corptax can deliver exceptional quality for our applications that our customers use on a daily basis.
- Acts as guardian of software quality
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure that the Corptax products meet and maintains a high level of quality through building and leveraging testing tools, frameworks, and tests.
- Produce well written test plans to clearly articulate each projects testing approach.
- Participating in the planning and execution of the latest technologies, solutions and software quality standards along with and participating in building the processes and tools to maintain high quality product code throughout the release cycle.
- Review product business and technical specs with the ability to provide feedback
- Collaborating with developers to ensure the product meets functional, quality, performance, scalability, privacy, and security specifications through tools, automation and breakthrough test technologies.
- Continually drive and mentor all of Technology to align with the Corptax QA Guiding Principles.
- Share knowledge with other Test and Software Engineers to drive the most effective test strategies possible.
- Positively contribute to the culture, well-being, and growth of each team member and the company at large by being a helpful and considerate team member and by adhering to Corptax’s core values.
- Professional experience in building, executing, maintaining, and conducting regression tests, functional tests, and performance tests (both load and stress tests) as well as the ability to identify, build and maintain test data sets and benchmarking results.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience producing test plans and test reports for consumption by multiple stakeholders, including Test Engineers, Software Engineers and other technical and non-technical parties.
- Experience in constructing basic SQL statements is a must
- Ability to understand complex problems and work with other engineers (Development and Testing) to determine how to use effective testing strategies to maximize test coverage and reliability
- Demonstrated self-motivation to work independently as well as part of a high performing Scrum Team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write code for test automation solutions or building testing software with tools that include C#, Web Driver, ASP.NET, SQL is a very strong plus
- Exposure to TFS and vNext are a strong plus
- Exposure to Azure and/or other cloud platforms are a strong plus
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in technical quality assurance OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 8 years of experience in or technical quality assurance.
Corptax is an Equal Opportunity Employer