Corptax , a CSC company, is transforming the business of tax through technology and business process expertise. Offering the first and only single platform solution on the market, Corptax handles an unlimited range of data with great accuracy, speed and transparency. We challenge ourselves every single day to help our clients increase automation, manage risks and make stronger decisions. We provide solutions to a multitude of Fortune 1000 firms, including more than 50% of the Fortune 500 and nine out of the top 10. Corptax has been nationally recognized as one of the top companies to work for in Illinois and Texas. A solid salary and benefits package compliments your professional growth for a new level of job satisfaction. We are seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join Corptax in either our Buffalo Grove or Chicago, IL offices. Visit our website at: http://www.corptax.com.
In this role you will help design, develop and maintain the database side of our commercial software product. We are a Microsoft environment and feature the many of the latest development tools including SQL 2016, Visual Studio 2017, TFS 2017, Azure, Cloud Services, TypeScript, Angular 4, C#, and more.
- Design, develop and maintain the database side of our commercial software product
- Identify areas for database schema and code improvement
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance and resource usage issues
- Research, prototype and apply latest database technologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on SQL development
- Proven and demonstrable experience in database programming
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and its eco system
- Experience with Azure, Power BI, machine learning is a plus
- Good understanding of software development process
- Microsoft SQL Server performance tuning and troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Self-starter, can work autonomously with limited direction
- Strong problem solving skills; Delivers effective solutions to difficult issues
- Strong sense of urgency, Bias for action and pragmatism
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation and benefit programs including 401k, medical, dental, vision and vacation plans are just a few of the many ways this company rewards its employees for their excellent performance
- Continuous on-the-job training, mentoring, and the opportunity to learn from experienced and talented software professionals
- Opportunity to work with customers directly and have an immediate and direct impact on their work
- Experienced Management team that drives the company to be the best in the Tax Software industry
- Corptax is an Equal Opportunity Employer