The Support Advocate is an experienced level position within the Support organization whose primary responsibility is managing the support relationship for an assigned group of customers. The Support Advocate is also responsible for the support of all customers within the Corptax family regardless of customer assignments and will respond to inquiries from all customers regardless of the inbound channel: online case, phone, email, chat, etc. The Support Advocate will use their broad based knowledge of Corptax products and customer tax department processes to help identify relevant solutions to customer inquiries, drive adoption of existing licensed products and help our customers identify products and services they have not licensed that will help them toward greater productivity and efficiency. The Support Advocate occasionally works overtime, including weekends, based on customer filing trends/needs.
The Support Advocate will act as the primary contact within the Support organization for managing the customer experience for their assigned accounts. This role includes developing a relationship with the customer contacts and understanding their particular needs. The Support Advocate reviews open cases for their customer assignments, helps to coordinate off-peak support needs, identifies and helps manage to the customer’s internal milestones and acts on their behalf for critical product issues. The ultimate goal of the Support Advocate is ensuring a positive customer experience and helping to ensure the annual renewability of their customer assignments license agreements. This role is a customer management role and is not intended to be the first point of contact for the customer.
The Support Advocate also works with their customers to identify training needs and either coordinates formal training or identifies the need for informal training and coordinates that effort. In many cases the Support Advocate provides ad hoc training themselves but in others, they assist in helping to identify a Subject Matter Expert within the Corptax organization to help fulfill that need. Minimal travel is required for this position.
- Develop a relationship with all assigned customers, ensuring a minimum of four proactive, non-support case related contacts per customer assignment per year.
- Provide general case support (all channels) for all Corptax customers and other internal Corptax teams using the then-current tools available to the Support organization.
- Provide onsite support to assigned customers or other customers as requested based on areas of specialization/expertise and customer need.
- Identify customers that may need additional training in order to drive better adoption of Corptax products or drive down case creation.
- Provide pre-release customer scenario testing for issues being resolved for either your customers or for issues in your area of expertise.
- Document all customer issues in the Corptax case tracking system and assign or document appropriate solutions to the customer issue.
- Review knowledgebase solutions in the area of expertise to ensure overall quality of our knowledgebase and online support capabilities. Create new solutions where necessary and recommend changes to existing solutions.
- Maintain a satisfactory proficiency in all Corptax products but an excellent level of product knowledge for the area of expertise in which you are considered an overall subject matter expert.
- Drive various project assignments related to the support of the Corptax products.
- Mentor team members with less job knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrate consistently exemplary standards of ethical conduct.
Position Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 3 years relevant software support experience, ideally in software application support or tax software support.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or tax preferred but will consider relevant experience with a bias toward backgrounds including a strong knowledge of tax and accounting applications. Master’s in Taxation and/or CPA certification is a plus.
- High standards of customer service and support, honesty, and integrity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products.
- Ability to quickly learn Corptax applications.
- Ability to accurately and completely document case information into the Corptax case tracking software.
- Ability to use initiative in identifying, addressing and resolving day to day issues and challenges.
- Able to work appropriate hours to complete tasks meet goals and support required travel.
- Strong, positive attitude and work ethic desired.
- Strong team focus but discipline to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop strong and lasting relationships with team members from other departments.
- Ability to easily move between multiple activities (multi-tasking) while driving all activities to successful completion.
- Ability to travel up to 20% though limited travel is anticipated in this role. Travel includes: client meetings, regional training events, onsite support, user groups and conferences.