Tax Compliance, Inc. (TCI) develops market-leading state and local tax software solutions for corporations. PTMS property tax software helps minimize property taxes and expenses. LicenseHQ helps minimize the time and expense related to license and permit compliance. AppealTrack assists users with tracking all stages and values associated with a parcel and appeal. TCI counts half of the Fortune 100® as clients.
The Technical Trainer is involved in all components of product training. The purpose of the training is to increase the users’ understanding and utilization of the TCI products. The Technical Trainer will play an integral role in the development of training agendas, materials and software images as well as conducting training sessions. With the ultimate goal being to provide the best learning opportunities for product users, the Technical Trainer will be expected to:
- Coordinate and conduct on-site, web-based, and classroom training sessions utilizing a wide variety of adult learning principles and techniques providing effective and quality training for both internal and external audiences.
- Understand the delivery methods, audience, user tasks and information needs; to translate and develop these needs into relevant training content, agendas and materials to maximize product adoption.
- Work with the various TCI personnel to understand product enhancements and new products as well as client needs that need to be included in training programs as well as to identify and recommend improvements needed to existing programs and develops / updates course documentation accordingly.
- Review and test client data prior to conducting training sessions.
- Assist other TCI departments with projects as required, such as internal training, customer support, documentation and demos for potential clients.
- Assist with the training documentation and image maintenance to ensure that all products or other needed programs, data, returns and reports are successfully and timely installed and updated for upcoming training programs.
- Assist others with TCI Training Department procedures and projects and seek guidance when necessary.
- Assist with other projects, as directed.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience, ideally in technical training, software support, or software implementation experience. Bachelor’s degree in education, accounting, or finance; or equivalent job related experience.
- Proven ability in communication and presentation skills with high client satisfaction, recent product and training certifications, such as ATD, are a plus.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Adobe Captivate or other eLearning software programs a plus.
- Property tax and/or business licensing knowledge preferred
- SharePoint or Client Relationship Management systems, e.g., NetSuite, a plus.
- Able to quickly develop an understanding of the TCI applications and knowledge to provide effective training to current and potential users.
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to multi-task, including coordinating multiple and varied training programs and projects.
- Strong, positive attitude, customer service focus and work ethic desired.
- Self-starter, with a high level of self-direction, initiative, motivation, flexibility and energy.
- Travel requirements: up to 40%. Travel includes: Training at TCI locations, client sites, regional training events, meetings and conferences.