Corptax is a market leader in leading-edge commercial tax software and process solutions. Through our unique ERP solution, we unlock the value of the tax function, transforming it into a center of insight and efficiency. For more than 35 years, Corptax has supported the evolving tax needs of the world’s most recognizable and sophisticated organizations. We provide solutions to a multitude of Fortune 1000 firms, including more than 50% of the Fortune 500 and nine out of the top 10.
This full-time (NYC area Remote-based) position will be responsible for providing implementation and best practice consulting services around the entire suite of our Corptax products to our customers. The Senior Consultant will be responsible for working with Lead Engagement Managers on understanding customer business needs and providing and implementing the most appropriate solutions to address those needs. This individual will also be developing and completing engagement work plan tasks, ensuring that customer’s needs are being addressed, and performing other tasks as assigned by the Lead Engagement Manager to ensure the success of the project and delegating work as appropriate to consultants.
The applicant will be primarily responsible for fulfilling the tasks associated with specific Corptax product implementations and looking at ways of streamlining product implementations. The focus of the implementations will be around the Corptax Global Provision, US Compliance, and International Compliance product lines, along with providing assistance with other Corptax product offerings, including: Corptax Office, BEPS Country by Country and other products.
Specific tasks include:
- Performing assigned basic implementation functions associated with an engagement
- Understanding and documenting customer business requirements
- Data gathering, manipulation and analysis
- Keeping and publishing meeting notes and ensuring customer business needs are being met
- Performing assigned Corptax Setup tasks
- Executing assigned project tasks in an efficient and effective manner
- Providing the Lead Engagement Manager (LEM) with support on project management tasks as directed and appropriate
- Communicating with LEM regarding time allotted for assigned tasks to ensure efficient completion (i.e. on time and on budget)
- Reviewing each engagement and identify means of streamlining project implementations, standardizing engagements, and ensuring appropriate resources are being applied to each engagement
- Creating process mapping diagrams when needed
- Basic to Solid understanding of Corptax products (Compliance, Provision), ideally with fluency in one product or tax subject area.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience preferably in a finance and/or accounting function
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Successful customer facing experience
- Strong project management skills as demonstrated by education and/or work experience on projects lasting 3+ months in length when implementing Corptax offerings
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong emphasis on the ability to listen to customer requirements and understanding their business issues
- Demonstrated experience and aptitude with learning and implementing software solutions (accounting, tax, ERP, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment with minimum level of supervision
- Bachelor Degree in an engineering, technical, business or accounting field (tax experience is a plus)
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES 50% TRAVEL