In this leadership role, the Business Architect (BA) will be focused on developing the strategy, and corresponding business architecture to support this strategy, for CSC transformation roadmap and CSC Data Strategy. The BA will also play a key leadership role in structuring the CSC Business Capabilities, Business Processes, and work closely with Information Architect in collecting business information. The BA will align CSC strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services; organization; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives. The primary focus of the BA will be business motivations, business operations and business analysis frameworks and related networks that link these aspects of the enterprise together. The BA will develop an integrated view of the CSC using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available CSC and industry standard techniques.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Work with CSC business leaders and develop a business architecture strategy based on OneCSC vision and CSC motivations
- Takes a cross-functional perspective of the architecture and how it fits all CSC business units
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the business capabilities of the enterprise
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance
- Describe the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, business execution and business management functions (Front, middle and back office functions)
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes
- Work with Information Architect and define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units
- Analyze CSC business strategies and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the business and information architecture
- Understand and adhere to architecture Governance framework
- Moves the enterprise from tactical solutions management to think broadly and strategically about the business
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Experience modeling business processes using ALFABET or similar tools
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
- Understanding and practice of applying TOGAF or similar framework preferred
Why join us?
At CSC®, we’re always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 11 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It’s an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world’s leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.