Corptax, a CSC company, is a market leader in leading-edge commercial tax software and process solutions. For more than 35 years, Corptax has supported the evolving tax needs of the world’s most recognizable and sophisticated organizations. We provide solutions to a multitude of Fortune 1000 firms, including more than 50% of the Fortune 500 and nine out of the top 10.
Dying to work with cutting edge Microsoft technology tools, like SQL 2016, PowerBI, and Azure? Catapult your career by joining the Corptax database development team. Our cloud-based applications set the trend for financial technology, and attract tech-savvy individuals who get an adrenaline rush from creative success in an Agile environment.
You’ll work with some of the brightest technology minds in Chicago, and improve business processes for the world’s most recognizable companies. All of this engaging work happens in a casual setting with a high energy that drives independent thinking and new ideas. A solid salary and benefits package complements your professional growth for a new level of job satisfaction.
The SQL Database Administrator will be responsible for:
- Installing, configuring and supporting Microsoft SQL Server software
- Researches, analyze, and recommend patches, tools, and/or database upgrades to resolve issues and add features and functionality
- Configures SQL Server for optimal performance
- Understands and implements security best practices.
- Develops, implements and maintains procedures for database backup and restores and test the procedures periodically.
- Understands storage options , including RAID configurations and SAN
- Installs & configures SQL Server Clusters
- Can diagnose tempdb issues and resolve them
- Monitoring database efficiency and implementing improvements
- Proficient with database diagnostics and monitoring tools and techniques
- Proficient with SQL server performance counters
- Proficient with query execution plan
- Proficient with indexes and statistics. Can identify and resolve issues with data/index fragmentation and statistics.
- Following policies and procedures for database management, security, maintenance and utilization
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation and benefit programs including 401k match, medical, dental, vision and vacation plans are just a few of the many ways this company rewards its employees for their excellent performance
- Continuous on-the-job training and mentoring including MSDN subscriptions
- Opportunity to learn from experienced and talented software professionals
- Opportunity to work with customers directly and have an immediate and direct impact on their work