Position Title: Human Resources Generalist / Business Partner
Department: Human Resources
The Human Resources Business Partner provides outstanding HR consulting services in alignment with Business Unit/Shared Services strategy for company leaders and geographically dispersed client groups. This role requires the ability to seamlessly transition between strategic and tactical HR competencies while embodying CSC’s core values.
- Leads HR consulting for geographically disbursed client groups in highly matrixed corporate environment. Supporting multiple jurisdictions in the Asia Pacific Region including but not limited to Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, China, and Japan
- Guides leaders through workforce planning and other processes; providing insight, data, recommendations and meaningful outcomes; may sit on a leadership team.
- Provides guidance and coaching to develop existing and next-generation leaders; partnering with leadership to unlock and unleash potential within their teams.
- Leverages organizational design and change management tools to drive initiatives in partnership with leaders and other HR team members.
- Independently addresses complex employee relations matters; performing root cause analysis, mitigating risk, and developing plans that support positive outcomes.
- Creates, assesses, and provides guidance around policies and procedures; engaging key stakeholders in evangelizing and aligning the HR organization and clients to support consistent, efficient and effective practices.
- Partners with Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, and Compensation/ Benefits/ Operations teams to develop, deliver, and evaluate processes, programs and training.
- Manages projects and deliverables that incorporate research, analysis, synthesis and creativity.
- Applies a high degree of initiative and HR skills to elevate HR services across the company; offering a fresh perspective, challenging the status quo, adding efficiencies and effectiveness, incorporating best practices, and driving change.
- Maintains and shares current knowledge of industry and human resources trends and best practices, as well as relevant employment laws.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Analyzes employee survey data and makes recommendations to assigned client group leadership team for action planning and continuous improvement.
- Proactively identifies needs and advises on organizational opportunities and changes that impact roles, people and processes
- Responsible for recruiting and employee corporate on-boarding in the region.
- Facilitates and/or provides training to the workforce.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree or International equivalent degree in Human Resources Management, or a related field.
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resources Management.
- Working knowledge of local and international employment law and other government compliance regulations is preferred.
- Strong consulting skills, with ability to influence and provide sound counsel to employees and managers on HR-related matters.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential information, reach sound conclusions and demonstrate good judgment.
- Understanding of assigned business unit’s or shared services organization’s focus and operations.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and manage through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- The ability to research and analyze various types of data.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgement that is consistent with our values, standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Proficient reading and writing in the English language
Other important information about this position:
- This position will be based in an office location and may be appropriate for partial remote work, subject to approval.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.