We are looking for an experienced customer support professional to support external customers of CSC TCI. The customer Support Specialist will have knowledge of computer software, hardware, operating systems and network platforms in which PTMS could potentially be run and, if possible, previous accounting and/or property tax experience. The Customer Support Specialist will develop a thorough knowledge of PTMS and tax related issues through in-house training and continued education from Senior Customer Support Specialists, Trainers and other PTMS staff.
70% - Customer Support
• Assist clients with support problems via web based interactive software, phone, and email
• Attend and participate in customer support meetings
• Provide phone training to clients when needed.
• Assist with hardware related problems associated with PTMS
• Assist other support staff with support requests as needed
• Attend training sessions on new products
30% - Documentation and Research
• Document all client support requests in CRM system
• Validate and document program bugs via Bug tracking software (CRM system)
• Document and escalate Enhancement Requests and Program Bugs to Customer Support Department Director
• Research answers to escalated calls
• Assist QA in testing
• Learn updated versions of software
• Must be able to be on the phone for long periods of time (up to 7 hour a day during the busy season)
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• Must be able to input(keyboard) all client notes and meeting notes into computer
• Regular office days. Start times may fluctuate within a 2 hour period
• Occasional on call pager duty on evenings, week-ends and Holiday as required
• The CSS must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and maintain a professional level of interaction with clients at all times
• No travel required, except if attending out of town training seminars
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• BA or BS degree in computer sciences or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Considered to be level 2 and above – 2 - 3 years customer service experience and knowledge of accounting.
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of computer software (including MS Office), hardware, operating systems, network platforms.
• Knowledge of real and/or property tax compliance.
• Incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines and shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
• Ability to calm frustrated customers and solve software issues.
• Ability to listen to customers while looking up a solution on the computer.
• Provide input to developers and Quality Assurance.
• Ability to take a call that may have been unresolved by previous customer service representative.
• Ability to handle multiple projects
• Ability to learn new software applications quickly
• Ability to function independently with minimal oversight and direction and work as a team member
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Must have good organization skills, detail oriented and ability to follow through
• Must be team player
CSC - Tax Compliance, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer