- Lead & direct engineers in design & validation for proof of concepts, functional models, qualification of components & sub-modules prior to production releases. Participates & contributes (e.g. decision making) in design reviews & to follow up on generated recommendations & action plans
- Accurately evaluating design & product economics to prepare cost estimates; establish product design/development objectives/work packages & to devise related strategies & milestones
- Lead in new design concepts, design of unique components in opto mechanical, electro-mechanical & dated sub modules, related assemblies (e.g. with materials like thermoplastics, metals, rubber etc.) & to lead in support product life cycle activities in these design related areas.
- Define & assign for engineers working in projects on Scope of Works (SoW), engineering studies & investigations, & to prepare related reports for stakeholder management.
- Enforce company requirements on creation & archiving documentation such as engineering drawings, build of materials (BOMs), technical specifications, test & risk management reports & design review protocols as required to document & communicate results, etc.
- Synchronize & communicate tasks & schedules of engineers with other internal disciplines in projects to ensure conformance to product milestones.
- Work & communicate closely with internal multi-discipline groups (e.g. production engineering, procurement, quality management & production planning) & with EMS/technology partners.
- Lead & engage in technical negotiations with vendors. Interacts with vendors & to consult its DFM & DFA processes to advise on component & assembly manufacturability.