- Support senior level in managing SCM DA Asia
- Functional supervises and oversees of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) Team (Buying, Logistics and IQC).
- Ensure the maintenance of data in ERP-System (e.g. Info Records)
- First level interface to local departments
- Information sharing during team & site meetings
- Plans and coordinates local SCM resources (E.g. Resource assignment and priority definition)
- Active participation in recruiting/introduction of new team members
- Active participation in exit of team members
- Active participation of target setting & rating of team members
- Proactive improvement of the quality along the entire supply chain in close cooperation with all involved departments (Product Group, Research & Development, Material Management, Finance).
- Control and verify invoices with price deviations referring to PO
- Make sure that all necessary SCM parameters (vendor data, contracts, warehouse, IQC) are given and stored properly and take appropriate actions whenever necessary.
- Monitor the supplier performance and conduct proper supplier assessments.
- Work with the supplier to agree on corrective actions to resolve escalated issues (e.g. chasing supplier for OTD)
- Proactive seeking of alternative suppliers where necessary.
- Issuing PO’s (Purchase Orders) or Call Off’s of QC’s related to quotations.
Continuous Improvement Projects & Customer Specific Requirements
- Disposing and ordering material for CIP’s and CSR’s according demand in the ERP system (SAP)
- Close team work with local production planning
- Request and analyze quotations (fast)
NPI (project buying)
- Execute NPI (New Product Introduction)
- Define supply chain inside projects together with commodity managers (SSM)
- Organize material for prototype (fast lane)
- Execute RFQ process (incl. benchmark and getting DFMs)
- Negotiate prices based on open calculation, lead-time, landed cost, and total cost.
- Initiate Quantity Contracts by launching Pre-Sourcing Request
- Organize phase in new products at Operational Purchasing in Asia (Malaysia and China)
- Degree qualified, preferably in Mechanical Engineering discipline
- 5 years’ experience in global sourcing (Asia focused, Asian supply market knowledge)
- Experience in supplier qualification, auditing and corrective action processes
- Experience in SAP/R3
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Able to optimize the supplier relationship by combining supplier’s and internal processes, building trust, measuring and developing suppliers
- Good understanding of the supply chain and of the critical production and assembly processes
- MS-Office packages (Word, Power-Point, Excel)
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Tan Wai Peng | Registration No: R1104671