Internews is an international development organisation whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect, and the means to make their voices heard.
We envision a future where everyone, everywhere, enjoys equal access to trusted, quality information that empowers them to live healthy, secure, rewarding lives.
We currently have active programmes in 40+ countries with HQs and key regional hubs in London, Washington DC, Nairobi, Bangkok and Bishkek.
Deadline for applications: 23rd March 2017 – the position/s will be filled immediately so please apply as early as possible.
Monitoring, coding and analysing media content from a selected group of Arabic-language outlets (primarily online radio, video and television).
- Daily monitoring (incl. transcription) and analysis of content of a selected sample of Arabic media outlets (primarily online radio, video and television), according to a set methodology.
- Timely submission of monitoring sheets and notes on a weekly basis.
- Participation in weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings with the media monitoring team (remote or in-person).
- Data aggregation and analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assisting in media content (quality and professionalism) assessment based on aggregated data of monitored samples.
- Contributing to the production and formatting of monthly and quarterly media monitoring and content analysis reports in English.
- Contributing to updating, expanding and improving the media monitoring and content analysis methodology.
- Ensuring that the assessment sample is representative according to given criteria.
- Other research upon request.
- Supporting manager and supervisor with overall organization and coordination tasks.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Essential skills and experience:
- Native Arabic speaker: spoken and written fluency in Standard Arabic (Fus’ha).
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- Excellent research, analytical and reporting skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Background in journalism or media.
- Excellent understanding of Arabic Media.
- Graphic design, report editing and formatting skills.
- Understanding of and interest in political context of the Middle East.
- Interest in the international NGO/ development sector.
- Please submit your CV with a covering letter (in English, of no more than 2 pages) via our website
- Please write your covering letter in response to the key responsibilities and essential skills. You should also state your eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
Salary Banding: B £25,625
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Europe. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Europe's offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.