An amazing opportunity for a dynamic Finance and Administrative Support Officer to work within a Global Network of humanitarian, media development and technology organisations based near Old Street, London. CDAC Network offers you the opportunity to contribute to the overall success of our network by effectively managing our financial and administrative tasks.
Starting immediately, you will have five years of financial responsibility with expertise in managing UK and international donor budgets and a strong understanding and proficiency in bookkeeping.
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Support Officer
Reporting to: CDAC Network Director
Staff reporting to this post: None. It may involve recruitment and management of consultants, interns and admin support
Salary: £30,000 per annum pro-rata, 2 days per week
Terms of Employment: 12-month part-time, fixed-term contract from May 2017, with possibility of extension subject to funding. Subject to a six-month probationary period
Location: London-based, near Old Street Station
About CDAC Network
The CDAC Network serves as a platform which brings together over 30 diverse local, regional and global actors to catalyse communities’ ability to connect, access information and have a voice in humanitarian emergencies. Its members range from UN agencies and NGOs, to Media Development, Telecoms and Technology organisations, including those working on translation, local radio, or high and low-end technologies. This extended network comes with connections to the private sector, civil society groups, communities and national governments. All come together flexibly according to their strengths and through their work, address a recognised gap: to improve communication with and between communities in humanitarian preparedness and response.
Established as a hosted initiative in 2009, CDAC is currently transitioning to an independent legal entity and one of its key priorities is ensure that its finance and admin function is fit for purpose.
Job Purpose: To contribute to the overall success of CDAC Network by effectively managing the financial and administrative tasks for the organisation.
Main areas of responsibility
Accounting, reporting and financial management
Ensure that the CDAC Network has a finance system in place that supports good practice in financial management.
1. Maintain and develop financial systems, procedures and controls to meet accounting, budgeting and financial objectives
2. Manage the bookkeeping function and provide timely financial information to the Director, Finance Advisor and Board of Trustees
3. Ensure appropriate records are maintained to meet legal, tax and charitable requirements and control systems applicable to CDAC Network
4. Manage outsourced accounting and audit contracts
5. Plan annual audit and ensure that audit recommendations are followed through
6. Ensure that all donor reporting requirements and other funding conditions are met
7. Monitor and follow-up membership fee payments
8. Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
9. Liaise with the Network’s Board Treasurer as appropriate.
Human Resource administration and systems
10. Liaise with outsourced Human Resource (HR) expertise in developing human resource systems
11. Prepare contracts for staff, consultants and interns and ensure they are in compliance with UK labour laws and Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations (TUPE)
12. Ensure all administration related to insurance provisions for employers liability, standard travel and medical insurance and social security schemes are in place
13. Liaise with the relevant authorities on work permits, where applicable
14. Ensure submissions and payments to HMRC and other relevant bodies are accurate and timely
15. Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organisation
16. Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other office financial commitments
17. Ensure all necessary policies are in place, including safety in the workplace
18. Manage the acquisition of assets and ensure they are properly recorded, amortised, and disposed of as appropriate
19. Attend quarterly and annual planning events as relevant
20. Ensure good communication with the Networks’ external finance advisor and Secretariat team colleagues
21. Contribute to the development and review of the CDAC Network Multi-Year Strategic Plan, annual workplans and related budgets and progress reports and Network policies
22. Actively promote and contribute to a good CDAC Network team relationship
23. Act with professional integrity and commitment at all times.
Skills and competencies
Please note that we can only consider applications from EU citizens or those holding a valid work permit for the UK.