About the role
- Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Duration: 2 years
- Line manager: EJN Asia Program Manager
- Salary range: $2000 / month
The Indonesia Content Coordinator plays a lead role in Internews Earth Journalism Network’s editorial, capacity building, and networking activities. This position will support EJN projects with a focus on Indonesia to build content for its online platforms and geographies, mentor local journalists, represent EJN in local forums and communities, and participate in the selection of beneficiaries for EJN activities and funds.
Roles and Responsibilities - Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee daily publication of content on Ekuatorial media properties and provide editorial support to project staff and partners to ensure that content is accessible to the media and target audiences. This includes:
- Aggregating content from local media to Ekuatorial.com
- Arranging partnerships for content with local media
- Commissioning stories from journalists
- Produce stories to publish on various sites supported by EJN throughout Asia
- Share content on project social media accounts
- And where necessary supervising story development, editing and translating stories
- Represent EJN at key conferences and events, including with funders and policy experts;
- Organize and facilitate training and mentoring activities
- Provide mentoring to and regular liaison with media partners to support content production relating to environmental subjects and data
- Carry out research as assigned and in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives
- Assist in the development and launch of environmental and data journalism training materials curriculum
- Assist in the selection of participants in EJN activities and programs including judging processes, and logistics support as directed
- Work with print and/or online publications to establish regular environmental coverage;
- Liaise with donors, partner universities and other key stakeholders;
- Assist with fundraising for EJN projects, including networking with donors and partners to propose projects and market EJN services
- Provide regular reports on your achievements and impacts, and increase the profile of EJN in local and international media
- Work to increase the profile of women journalists and facilitate their access to communications tools;
- Monitor project activities and achievements and evaluate results in regular reports
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation activities to collect and interpret data for EJN’s indicators spreadsheets
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each necessary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and / or ability required.
- Three to five years experience with environmental reporting in media and/or training of media professionals to work on issues critical to other development sectors (e.g., science, health, environment/climate change, etc.)
- Strong media management or journalism experience
- Interest and strong background in environmental research and policy
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with expertise in other languages a plus
- Proven organization and administrative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural and team environment
- Relevant university degree
- Interest in working with online media and mapping tools
- Good communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Closing date for applications: September 20th
- 1st interviews w/c 25th September - remote
Candidates must submit a succinct covering letter of no more than 2-pages explaining how they satisfy the requirements of the person speciation in addition to a CV highlighting relevant experience. The successful candidate will also be asked to provide three professional referees, one of whom must be from their most recent employer.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, all the tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the job holder a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Europe. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Europe's offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our Internews Benefits page.