About the role
- Location: Central London
- Duration: Permanent subject to 3 month probationary period
- Commencing: October, 2017
- Line manager: Senior Director of Finance & Resources
- Department: Finance
- Term & LOE: Full-time; 100%
- Salary range: Band C1-3 (£30-35K)
- Start date: October, 2017
This post is location specific, therefore candidates must already have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The post holder will play a key role working across various functions of the Finance and Resources department. The position will assist the Senior Director of Finance and Resources in maintaining appropriate oversight over the different areas of work, in Corporate Finance, Project finance management, HR and General Administration, while assuming direct responsibility for specific tasks. While the post is of an Officer level, the post holder will be expected to engage in tasks as required to ensure the achievement of departmental targets. He/She will have the right to work in the UK.
Roles and Responsibilities
Corporate Finance (45%)
- Assisting in the weekly Account Payable run including Processing expense reimbursements, and disbursements;
- Assisting with financial reporting
- Assisting with audit support at year-end and other interim external and interim audits as required
- Supporting the efficient running of the accounting software packages
- Manage external finance queries.
- General Finance Administration
- Cash Management and reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Producing/Analysing regular monthly and quarterly reports
Programme Financial Management (40%)
- Support to Programme Officers in processing financial reports from field sites, and posting these to the accounts software
- Assisting the projects finance team in the review and analysis of project reports
- Staff training as required both at HQ and Country levels on appropriate record keeping in line with donor rules.
- Carry out project reviews, checks and balances
- Support the finance project managers in increasing staff capacity
General Administration: (15%)
- Oversight for general office and facilities management including contract management
- Assist the HR team in Health and Safety matters, where required
- Working with the central IT team to ensure efficient working processes.
- Professional qualification, or working toward an Accounting or Finance qualification
- Good grasp of Financial Accounting, reporting and general bookkeeping.
- Experience of using Accounting and Financial reporting software applications
- Good organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Good interpersonal skills including a good telephone manner
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable, working as part of a small team
- Ability to support non-finance staff in financial responsibilities
- Financial and Administrative experience gained in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Initiative taking, problem solving and superb interpersonal skills,
- High energy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SORP accounting requirements
- Excellent office management and coordination skills, including the demonstrable ability to work successfully with external stakeholders and vendors.
- Excellent written and spoken skills
- International NGO working experience
- Good understanding of charity finance regulations and systems
- Other languages i.e. French, Russian
- Closing date for applications: Wednesday 20th September.
- Interviews week beginning 25th September, 2017
Candidates must submit a succinct covering letter of no more than 2-pages explaining how they satisfy the requirements of the person speciation in addition to a CV highlighting relevant experience.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, all the tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the job holder a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Europe. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Europe's offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our Internews Benefits page.