Lutron Electronics has an immediate opening for a Communications Project Specialist, Public Relations.
In this position, you would be an integral part of the Communications organization and provide key coordination between business and marketing teams, public relations agencies and the communications organization supporting both residential and commercial business. You will coordinate across the company to help ensure public relations efforts are an active part of integrated communication campaigns, act as a key liaison with our outside public relations agencies, and track and report on results of our PR investments.
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
· 2-4 years of experience as a media relations or project lead in an agency with experience with building products manufacturers or resellers of building products
· Strong understanding of the media, public relations and other communications channels
· Experience pitching the media and writing for press releases is a plus
· Highly organized; must be detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills and ability to multitask effectively
· Strong project management skills and experience meeting aggressive timelines and managing budgets
· Direct experience with Event Management and coordination of speaking engagements
· Experience in multiple aspects of marketing programs–trade shows, training and sales programs, advertising literature, and event management
· Demonstrated ability to interface constructively with clients, sales, marketing, and product development teams
· Operates effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
· Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate ideas to all levels of management and adapt style to audience
· Strong computer skills (spreadsheets, databases and word processing); experience with project management software a plus
· Up to 25% travel is required to interact with media at events, meetings and trade shows
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA
Lutron Electronics is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action – Employer. We welcome qualified, motivated applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.