Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading provider of library automation solutions, offering the only comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of all materials—print, electronic, and digital. Dedicated to developing the market’s most inventive and creative solutions, Ex Libris leads the way in defining and designing efficient, user-friendly products that serve the needs of academic, research, and national libraries today, enabling them to transition into the future.
The Team Lead, Proposal Writers manages a team responsible for responding to RFPs, RFIs, or sets of questions received from current and prospective customers and assists Sales with finalizing new accounts and encouraging existing accounts to adopt new products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the Proposal Writer team.
- Manages and responds to existing, in-house RFPs.
- Analyzes new RFPs as they come in.
- Oversees the response process, assigning leads as they come in, and communicating with various departments to facilitate this process.
- Communicates with all individuals involved with a specific RFP to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Maintains calendar of RFPs responded to for the year and draws statistics from this calendar on a yearly basis.
- Updates knowledgebase of information for boilerplate responses.
- Attends all RFP kick-off calls with the account manager and other necessary parties.
- Prepares for and attends weekly calls with Proposal Writers.
- Trains new proposal writers.
- Updates product overviews as well as sample RFP templates.
- Maintains complete list of live Alma customers and distributes to the Sales team.
- Coordinates and manages booths at major library conferences.
- Attends ALA Midwinter and Annual Conferences, ACRL Library Conference, annual company kick-off meeting, and the annual worldwide presales meeting at Headquarters in Israel.
- Assigns and performs other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or other related field plus 3-5 years of proposal writing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with library systems, workflows and basic concepts.
- High attention to detail and ability to follow strict procurement rules.
- Ability to take initiative while keeping the big-picture in mind.
- Ability to multitask or shift tasks in order to meet changing deadlines and needs.
- Ability to work in a pressured, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain effective relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Masters’ degree in Library Science or Library Information Science.
- Professional experience working in a library.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in our Des Plaines, IL office location.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.