ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. As a leading technology provider, ProQuest drives better outcomes for researchers and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them. Our cloud-based solutions are a gateway to the world’s knowledge and enable researchers, students, and librarians to discover, access, share, create, and manage information. Explore working at ProQuest!
Ex Libris Group, a ProQuest Company, is a leading provider of library automation solutions to university, college, and research libraries worldwide. We offer the only comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of all materials—print, electronic, and digital. Explore Working at Ex Libris Group, a ProQuest Company by clicking here.
We are looking for smart, motivated individuals to join our application support team. The Support Analyst role combines investigating, diagnosing, and addressing application issues, while providing excellent customer support to our North American Customers. The ideal candidate combines strong technical skills and aptitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a troubleshooting mindset that loves to solve puzzles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responding to customer problems/questions via a shared Tier 1 ticketing system queue;
- Investigating, diagnosing, and addressing application support issues, and documenting ongoing progress via the ticketing system.
- Maintaining excellent written and verbal communication with customers.
- Sharing knowledge of known issues and best practices by referring customers to relevant Knowledge Articles, and contributing to new Knowledge Articles.
- Identifying issues that require investigation by Tier 2, and transferring the Case to Tier 2 with a detailed description of findings from the initial investigation.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ related client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. system analysis, application troubleshooting, debugging code, etc.).
- Experience using/troubleshooting web-related technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS, Web Proxy, etc.).
- Knowledge of Unix commands and/or MySQL queries is helpful, but not required.
- High level of learning agility, with ability to learn, comprehend and explain complex product functionality and value proposition.
- Ability to individually manage a rapidly changing set of tasks and priorities, while collaborating with other team members to achieve team goals.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with ability to enthusiastically and professionally interact with a diverse blend of personality types.
- Proven skills with MS Office Suite products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to participate in phone support shifts between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science, or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a library in a library operations role or related technical/support role is also desirable.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing market/business conditions.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based at the Ex Libris office in Des Plaines, IL.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Featured Careers Category: Operations, Sales/Marketing/Customer Experience, Technology