To Do More Than Is Expected for Client, Community and Employee
Our Core Values
Talent- The “right” people are our greatest asset. The future of our organization lies in the hands and capabilities of our employees.
Results- We hold ourselves to the highest standards in the industry. As a result of this we deliver what we promise while exceeding expectations.
Integrity- Trust & respect is earned. We are honest, respectful, and transparent in all of our interactions with our employees, clients, and vendors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan, organize, control and direct the work of job crew employees daily
- Meet company objectives of cost, quality and equipment conservation; as well as have profit and loss responsibilities for projects under supervision
- Assess, complete and conduct employee evaluations
- Maintain thorough familiarity with plans, specifications and job contract scope
- Monitor and manage tool, equipment and material inventory of Service Vehicle or project
- Monitor the work to ensure that the workmanship is completed in accordance with BICSI EIA/TIA standards and Local and National Electrical Code requirements
- Ensure that all personnel under supervision are working in compliance with safety procedures. Document violations; notify Safety Director, recommend/implement corrective actions as required
- Perform the installation, terminating, labeling, testing, and troubleshooting of voice,
- data, and fiber optic premise distribution systems including, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform Site Surveys using construction plans and specifications, conduct visual site inspections
- Develop Job Plans – determine materials/delivery schedules, develop manpower, tool/equipment lists, calculate completion dates, create GANTT/PERT project charts
- Effectively supervise the performance of all aspects of the installation, terminating, labeling, testing and troubleshooting of voice, data, fiber optic and CATV premise distribution systems
- Build Closets – determine equipment layouts, mount/install backboards, mount/install cross-connects, mount/install racks/patch panels, install optical fiber panels/hardware.
- Install Grounding Infrastructure – know local and National Electrical Code, install grounding backbones and busbars, perform grounding tests
- Installation of Cable Support Systems such as cable trays, ladder racks, J-hooks, bridle/D-rings
- Installation of Work Area Outlets
- Pulling Backbone Cable (UTP/ScTP/STP-A/Fiber Optic)
- Pulling Horizontal Cable (UTP/ScTP/STP-A/Fiber Optic)
- Firestopping including coring of firewall, installing sleeves and firestopping
- Pre-Termination - organize, form, dress cables, determine length/slack, label cables.
- Termination - complete IDC terminations, UTP, STP-A, cross-connect blocks, patch panels
- Connectors - assemble and install 8-pin modular connectors, coaxial connectors, optical fiber ST/SC connectors, demonstrate connector color codes
- Splicing – copper cable splicing, optical fiber (mechanical, fusion)
- Testing - use tone test set, volt-ohm –meter, diagnose open, shorted, crossed, and split pairs, active circuits, copper cable Category 5e, 6 and 6a certification using handheld testers, optical fiber singlemode/multimode using light source/power meter and OTDR.
- Troubleshooting – diagnose and correct copper cable problems, optical fiber problems.
- Administrative Tasks – document test results, document as-builts, complete daily reports, order/inventory materials
- Assists in training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work
- Motivate employees daily, as well as discipline, counsel, and discharge employees as needed and in accordance with Tri-City policies and procedures
- Manage project resources as required
- Perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws
Other Duties as Assigned:
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Advanced working knowledge of the BICSI EIA/TIA installation standards and the National Electrical Code
- Able to troubleshoot premise distribution systems and all associated electronic equipment.
- Proven ability to layout a project, which includes the ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Strong working knowledge of construction, electrical work, and other systems
- Must have the ability to speak knowledgably about our services and make appropriate recommendations
- Strong technical understanding of voice, data, and fiber optic systems
- Excellent customer service skills are required to provide fellow staff and end users responsive service ensuring that the department is establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships
- Must have basic computer skills while being proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be proficient in the use of all tools, equipment, and testers related to premise distributions systems work.
- Must have working knowledge of construction, electrical work and other systems.
- Must have selling abilities to act upon additional work opportunities and recommend preventative maintenance or necessary repairs to client
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Able to work unsupervised and handle a fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Able to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
- Working knowledge of computers and mobile devices such as tablets and cell phones
- Mathematic skills sufficient to be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers and fractions
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Requires constant bending, stooping, stretching, pulling crawling, climbing, digging, trenching, excavating, lifting and carrying (minimum 50 lbs.)
- Requires frequent moving and installing of heavy electrical equipment
- Requires the ability to report to job sites throughout Florida; locations vary depending on individuals home location
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- Requires ability to perform physical duties listed above for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work and elevated heights and/or underground
- Requires ability to wear steel toe/composite/alloy work boots.