To Do More Than Is Expected for Client, Community and Employee
Our Core Values
Talent- The “right” people are our greatest asset. The future of our organization lies in the hands and capabilities of our employees.
Results- We hold ourselves to the highest standards in the industry. As a result of this we deliver what we promise while exceeding expectations.
Integrity- Trust & respect is earned. We are honest, respectful, and transparent in all of our interactions with our employees, clients, and vendors.
The Electrician is responsible to ensure that the wiring and electrical components of the structure are functioning efficiently and safely.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform skilled labor duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of commercial electrical systems and equipment to include but not limited to:
- Reading and interpreting architect blueprints, circuit diagrams, and other technical documents
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical components, equipment, or systems, to ensure proper functioning. May require working from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs
- Assemble temporary equipment or structures.
- Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools.
- Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using hand and power tools.
- Place conduit, pipes, or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Thread wire or cable through ducts or conduits.
- Perform installation, on low voltage systems, electronic fire alarm systems, pull stations, strobes, horns, detectors, and exit signs other related building system products
- Construct or fabricate parts, using hand tools, according to specifications.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit or moving or lifting heavy objects.
Disassemble defective electrical equipment, replace defective or worn parts, and reassemble equipment, using hand tools.
Direct work of employees with less experience and assist these individuals as needed.
Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all company guidelines and OSHA safety requirements and through reporting violations of policies, procedures and guidelines to immediate supervisor
Maintain tools and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order.
Receive and deliver material to employees
Apply knowledge of National Electrical Codes as needed
Clean work area and wash parts.
Consistently update job related knowledge and skills.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Minimum four (4) years of electrical experience
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Intermediate knowledge of National Electrical codes and experience with commercial electrical work including but not limited to, working with hand tools, large pipe bending equipment, wire pulling machines, and earth moving equipment such as backhoes
- Intermediate knowledge of electrical construction material; including gear, fixtures, commodity items
- Must have the ability to effectively read, write and communicate in the English language at an eighth (8th) grade level
- Journeyman’s license
- Experience in a Commercial Electrical environment
- Use math skills to solve problems
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide quickly and correctly
- Read and understand work related materials
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all department members
- Must be able to work under pressure and deadlines
- Able to carry out written and oral directions
- Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Fundamental knowledge of coaxial cables, category rated cables, fiber optics and pulling and terminating wiring cable, such as Cat 5E or 6
- Intermediate knowledge of;
- Types of cables and conduits suitable for commercial wiring,
- Conduit bodies, fittings, and handhole enclosures,
- Branch circuits, including outside circuits and feeders
- Installation of commercial switch gear
- Termination of large conductors
- Installation of cable trays
- Installation of commercial outlet boxes
- Installation of bus ducts
- Commercial wiring and lighting
- Electrical work on commercial transformers and generators
- Electrical work on raceways
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Ability to cope with job pressures in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Positive and professional demeanor
Ability to work effectively and efficiently under time constraints and job responsibility pressure and stress
Strong problem solving and critical thinking skill
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, kneel, crouch, dig, trench, excavate, lift, carry, climb and stand for long periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus, along with good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and balance
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Must be able to work and elevated heights and/or underground
- Requires ability to wear steel toe/composite/alloy work boots
- Requires the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by location
- Requires ability to perform physical duties listed above for extended periods of time
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Regular exposure to dirt, hazardous equipment, wiring, and underground and/or elevated heights
- Work with sharp tools and electricity that could potentially produce cuts or burns
- Often exposed to loud sounds and noise levels as well as very bright or inadequate lighting conditions
- Are sometimes exposed to contaminants
- Requires the ability to report to jobsites throughout Florida; locations vary depending on individuals home location
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends
EOE/APP Drug Free Workplace