United Way of King County’s mission is to bring caring people together to give, volunteer, and take action to help people in need and solve our community's toughest challenges. Our culture fosters leadership, open communication, teamwork and collaboration, integrity, and, accountability.
We are currently seeking a Donor Relationship Manager to join the Development Team. This position is responsible for cultivating and growing relationships with current and prospective major gift donors and soliciting gifts of $10,000 or more. This position works strategically with staff and high-level volunteers to orchestrate introductions to new donors to United Way and its work, and facilitate peer-to-peer asks. Passion for United Way's mission and an emphasis on customer service are critical to the success of the Donor Relations Manager.
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
The recruiting salary range is $69,500 - $76,500 – DOE. This position is open until filled; first consideration will be given to applications received within two weeks of posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, cultivates and maintains major gift ($10,000+) donor and volunteer relationships within the assigned portfolio.
(Average portfolio size of donors and prospects = 120-150)
- Develops fundraising goals for portfolio; builds strategies to meet those goals.
- Meets yearly sales call and Ambassador Call goals commensurate with portfolio size and makeup.
- Builds relationships, support and recruits high-level volunteer ambassadors to engage others and solicit gifts on behalf of United Way in order to meet fundraising goals.
- Works closely with United Way Individual, Corporate and Institutional Giving staff to maximize all relationships in order to further cultivate major donors and prospects.
- Captures significant relationship activities, financial projections and donor information in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Works closely with United Way Pledge Processing and Accounting staff to ensure accuracy of donor pledges, payments and designations to other agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, specializing in Business, Marketing, Sales, Communication, or a related field. At least five years' experience in fundraising and two or more in dedicated major gifts fundraising. Proven solicitation experience of gifts $10,000 and higher; experience closing multi-year gifts preferred. Demonstrated volunteer management experience at high levels of an organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated success in fundraising
- Strong analytical skills to analyze donor information, plan, and set goals and objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated relationship building and collaboration skills to effectively relate to a diverse audience
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Donor focused - establishes, cultivates, and stewards strong relationships to build and maintain lifelong partnerships and trust with United Way
- Effective planning and implementing skills, demonstrated ability to prioritize activities and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising techniques, consultative selling approach, major gift cultivation/solicitation
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and donor data base knowledge
- Ability to exercise good judgment with sensitive, confidential information
JOB CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Position encounters frequent new and varied work situations due to the diverse needs of major gifts donors. Job involves a moderate degree of complexity or difficulty based on handling and prioritizing the many tasks of position responsibilities. Procedures/instructions exist for approximately one-half of job assignments/tasks. Position operates independently with minimal supervision. Position may have partial budgetary preparation/compliance accountability. Position is partially accountable for strategic planning. Decisions are sometimes made by a group process format and sometimes on an independent basis. Supervisor reviews work/decisions on a general basis. Decisions are made within general organizational policy constraints. Job has frequent responsibility for the creation of new programs, methods, systems and procedures.
Contacts are normally made with others both inside and outside the organization and frequently contain some discussion about confidential/sensitive matters. Position works with high-level volunteers on a regular basis to build and implement fundraising strategies and cultivate, solicit and recognize gifts. Contacts are usually made on own initiative with contacts being made equally over the phone and face-to-face interaction.
Position works under constant time requirements/constraints. Work can include evenings, early mornings, or weekend meetings and attendance at special events.
Physical activities include standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, handling, and using repetitive motions of hands/wrists. Position may require lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
This job position performs other assignments and performs other duties as deemed necessary by United Way of King County. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of King County.